Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 27th

Well today started at 4:30am for a meeting with a school at 7:30, as if that wasn`t bad enough!lol
Ok so I grunted through the morning pains and just did it. The actual meeting went ok I think, not really sure just yet. It was the quickest meeting I have ever had for one, second I felt as I was being rushed out of the meeting. They heard everything they needed to hear or that I wanted them to hear at this point so that is a good thing. They basically said yes to the Blackberry program as long as they are approved by the school board. As we were walking out the women I was with asked me, how do you think it went? She was feeling the same as I was but, they said yes! What am I talking about they did say yes contingent apon being approved by the board. So what does that entail? Basically a piece of paper with your fed tax ID number on it and you submit it to them and then wait. Thing is, once you are approved by the board you are approved for every school in my county! This is good! It gets a little tricky from here on out and I have to make some calls and talk to the right people and be very careful on my next actions. I know dealing with any school is hard and I understand why. There are a lot of companies out there that do not look out for the schools best interest so I need to show them that I am. That's going to take time, patience and persistence.
Handing out the fliers has been very good for me, it is something more than the invitations I think just by the mere size? I don`t know what it is really, it could be that I have taken a new attitude twards my approach? Maybe it`s a combonation of both. The point is I am changing it up, something different,something new. Next week it might be something else that my crazy mind can come up with! lol Like an announcement at the super bowl since it`s here in my city. Ok thats not going to happen but I could give fliers out at the game! Thats what I will do see my crazy mind again!lol
Oh and I did make it to the doctors today,got some antibiotics(grr) sinus infection. So I should be feeling better soon. Good night everyone hope your day went well and tomorrow is even better!!!
Richard D

2 comments:

Big Z and his Mom said...

Hi Richard,
Though you are still not feeling well, you sounded really, really great on the call tonight. Get some GOOD rest tonight as you let those antibiotics take hold. Gotta recommend the saline nasal rinses again, esp. for sinus issues . . . Think we got into that on Aletha's blog.

I'm glad that Ginny asked you for the info that you are putting on your fliers. You say you made those using a .pdf document. Does this mean that you have Adobe Acrobat with that capability? We only have the reader on our system.

;-)

Keep your smiles and enthusiasm----as you heard tonight, it's made you a 'celebrity.'

Tina Katz said...

Ricard, You were the one that wanted to yell out in McDonald's, weren't you? Announcement at the super bowl, I love it! You really should. You should be able to get great contacts there. That is great about the school.Even if they do keep telling us no, eventually they are going to break down and give in. It will happen. Too many of us, we will take over the country and the world. Teaching our children all that we can about our mission and how they can build their future. NOT BAD'
Tina from ny